Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Covering The Bases

So after my first blogging attempt, I have decided to err on the side of caution just in case blogging doesn't turn out to be my niche. I have located my professional digital camera and plan to dig through the boxes in my storage unit until I find my old notebooks and art supplies. I am determined to find a creative outlet and to start doing what I used to enjoy again.

Today was a day of preparation. Tomorrow I will make my first attempt at children's portraits in over 3 years. I am lucky to know about a bazillion families with small children who are more than willing to let me photograph them.

My plan for Friday is to paint something. I am not talented when it comes to drawing and painting. My paintings are always abstract because I have never been able to recreate an existing image. I paint emotion and most of the time my paintings are hideous. But for me, it's not about the finished product, it's about the rewards that are gained in the simple act of putting brush to canvas.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment